Monday, May 24, 2010

You're my Kemosabe

As a child my rainy days were musical. On dad's days off he would free us from daycare- and we'd spend those hours doing chores or preparing dinner in the company of his old records on the victrola. As a general rule, he was in charge of music selection- as my little sister and I were no better then than we are now at compromising with one another..
His selections were pretty predictable, most of the time we got a dose of Harry Chapin, the Eagles, Zeppelin or Clapton. Once in a while we were treated to what my dad dubbed 'chick' music, I think he got a kick out of watching us trying to pair our vocal stylings with the likes of Joni Mitchell, or Bonnie Raitt.
It sent me reeling back to those overcast afternoons when an old favorite of mine came on in the car this morning.. the beach boys "little indian".

I want to fashion a headdress, participate in peace pipe puffing, ride a pony, wild child it up. ..and post these politically improper but cute-sy images:


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
 
blog design by suckmylolly.com